3 Star - Open Canoe
Successful performance at 3 Star level indicates that a paddler can consider themselves as an intermediate open canoe paddler, rather than a beginner.
The 3 star paddler will be able to demonstrate personal competence in paddling open water in wind conditions of Beaufort Force 3 and on grade 1 moving water as part of a led group.
The 3 star training course is two days, and the assessment course is one day.
Click here: 3 Star - Open Canoe
- A consistent 2 Star standard of performance is required for anyone starting to work towards the 3 Star Open Canoe Award. It is recommended that the candidate hold the 2 Star Award.
- Experience of paddling on grade 1 water and open water environments.
- Ideally be able to swim in moving water.
- Provide evidence of at least three different open canoe journeys of about three hours duration (10Km) each. At least one of these needs to be in an open water environment and one on a river trip.
- The ability to swim confidently in moving water wearing normal paddling clothes.
- Bring money for certificate fees.
|Title/Location||Start Date||End Date||Cost|
|Totnes, Devon (Training & Assessment)||
To book please get in touch