5 Star Leader - Open Canoe
Successful performance at 5 Star level indicates that a paddler has entered the top level of performance, involving a high level of personal skill and leadership in advanced situations. It is a leadership award for paddlers who wish to lead groups of up to four solo paddlers, or three tandem crews, on advanced river journeys and on remote, exposed open waters in open canoe. Paddlers at this level have the personal skills, leadership abilities and judgement to lead paddlers with a range of experience, up to and including advanced white water and advanced open water environments. The 5 Star Leader Award is a leadership award and not a coaching award.
The training course has a two or three day option and involves training in personal skills, leadership and safety and rescue.
The assessment course involves two days of personal skills, leadership and safety and rescue.
The training and assessment package involves five days of personal skills, leadership and safety and rescue. This course is suitable for highly experienced open canoe paddlers.
Click here: 5 Star Leader Open Canoe Award
- 4 Star Open Canoe Award.
- Be able to swim in advanced water environments.
- Stamped 5 Star Open Canoe Leadership Registration (LR) form.
- Valid (within 3 years) two day first aid award (bring original certificate).
- 5 Star Open Canoe Leader Training (within last 3 years) (bring original certificate).
- White Water Safety and Rescue Training (or Rescue 3 Whitewater Rescue Technician) within previous three years (bring original certificate).
- Evidence of a minimum of 30 varied, quality, advanced open canoe days in 3 different geographical areas.
Click here for British Canoeing course registration information and documents you will need.
The are no dates for this, but if you are interested please get in touch.