3 Star - Sea Kayak
Successful performance at 3 Star level indicates that a paddler can consider themselves as an able improving sea paddler rather than a beginner.
During assessment a 3 star paddler will be able to demonstrate personal competence paddling in wind conditions of no more than Beaufort Force 3 or Sea State 3 as part of a led group.
The 3 star training course is two days, and the assessment course is one day.
Click here: 3 Star - Sea Kayak
- A consistent 2 Star standard of performance is required for anyone starting to work towards the 3 Star Sea Kayak Award. It is recommended that the candidate holds the 2 Star Award.
- Experience of paddling on the sea.
- Ideally be able to swim in the sea environment.
- Provide evidence of at least three different journeys on the sea of about three hours duration (8nm) each.
- The ability to swim confidently in the sea environment wearing normal paddling clothes.
- Bring money for certificate fees.
The are no dates for this, but if you are interested please get in touch.