Advanced Canoe Leader
Successful performance at this level indicates that a paddler has entered the top level of performance, involving a high level of personal skill and leadership in advanced situations. It is a leadership award for paddlers who wish to lead groups of up to four solo paddlers, or three tandem crews, on advanced river journeys and on remote, exposed open waters in open canoe. Paddlers at this level have the personal skills, leadership abilities and judgement to lead paddlers with a range of experience, up to and including advanced white water and advanced open water environments. The Advanced Canoe Leader Award is a leadership award and not a coaching award.
The training course involves three days training in personal skills, leadership and safety and rescue.
The assessment course involves two days of personal skills, leadership and safety and rescue.
The training and assessment package involves five days of personal skills, leadership and safety and rescue. This course is suitable for highly experienced open canoe paddlers.
Click here: Advanced Canoe Leader
- Canoe Leader Award.
- Be able to swim in advanced water environments.
- Home Nation British Canoeing Advanced Canoe Leadership Registration (LR form).
- Valid (within 3 years) two day first aid award (bring original certificate).
- British Canoeing Advanced Canoe Leader Training (within last 3 years).
- White Water Safety and Rescue Training (or Rescue 3 Whitewater Rescue Technician) within previous three years (bring original certificate).
- Provide documentary evidence of a minimum of 30 varied, quality, advanced canoe days in 3 different geographical areas.
- Candidates must be 18 or over at the time of assessment
Click here for British Canoeing course registration information and documents you will need.
|Title/Location||Start Date||End Date||Cost|
|Tryweryn, North Wales (Assessment)||
|River Dee, North Wales (Training)||
To book please get in touch