3 Star - White Water Kayak
Successful performance at 3 Star level indicates that a paddler is an intermediate white water kayak paddler as they can now paddle on moving water.
The 3 star paddler will be able to do this in a competent manner as part of a led group and have the knowledge and ability to help the smooth running of a trip whilst being led down a section of river with sections up to grade 2.
The 3 star training course is two days, and the assessment course is one day.
Click here: 3 Star - White Water Kayak
- A consistent 2 Star standard of performance is required for anyone starting to work towards the 3 Star White Water Kayak Award. It is recommended that the candidate holds the 2 Star Award.
- Experience of paddling on grade 2 water.
- Ideally be able to swim in moving water.
- Candidates should provide evidence of at least 8-10 paddling sessions (minimum 40 hours) in varied locations, including on grade 2 water.
- The ability to swim confidently in moving water, wearing normal paddling clothes.
- Bring money for certificate fees.
The are no dates for this, but if you are interested please get in touch.